Personal Data Protection Act
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) was passed in Parliament in 2012 and has taken effect in phases:
- Do Not Call Provisions (DNC) on 2 January 2014
- Personal Data Protection Provisions (PDP) on 2 July 2014
To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website.
For enquiries with regard to the PDPA in SIM IA, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data Protection Provisions
Withdrawal of Consent to the Collection, Use and/or Disclosure of Personal Data
Individuals who wish to withdraw the consent given to SIM IA for the collection, use and / or disclosure of personal data will have to follow the procedures listed.
- You have to notify SIM IA of your intention to withdraw your consent.
- Your notification of withdrawal of consent must be sent to SIM IA. There are 2 ways to do this:
- To facilitate processing, the subject header of the email is to be entitled ‘Notice of Withdrawal of Consent – PDP’.
- Your Name (as it appears on your NRIC / Passport) and your NRIC / FIN / Passport Number must be provided.
- Send the email to email@example.com
- To facilitate processing, the subject header of your letter is to be entitled ‘Notice of Withdrawal of Consent – PDP’.
- In your letter, your Name (as it appears on your NRIC / Passport) and your NRIC / FIN / Passport Number must be accurately and legibly provided.
- Post the letter to SIM IA at the following address:
Marketing & Admissions Department (Attention: Ms Fidelis Lee)
SIM International Academy
461 Clementi Road
- Upon the receipt of your notice of withdrawal of consent, SIM IA will inform you of the consequences of your withdrawal of consent within 7 working days from the date of receipt of your notice. At the same time, SIM IA will seek your confirmation of your withdrawal of consent and inform you of the administrative follow-up (if any). For the withdrawal of consent on image(s), SIM IA will contact you to facilitate the explicit indication of the specific image(s) within 7 working days from the date of receipt of your notice.
- Upon your written confirmation (may be via email) of withdrawal of consent, SIM IA will cease (and inform its data intermediaries, if applicable, to cease) to collect, use or disclose your personal data within 21 working days from the date of receipt of your written confirmation.
In the case of image(s), SIM IA will cease (and inform its data intermediaries, if applicable, to cease) to use or disclose the specific image(s) based on the following:
after the current hardcopy prints have been exhausted.
||Electronic / Website Based
21 working days from the date of the individual’s confirmation.
Do Not Call Provisions
SIM IA will adhere to the DNC Provisions for the telemarketing of academic qualification-based programmes to its existing students and prospective applicants.
Telemarketing messages, via voice calls, text messages and / or fax messages, will only be sent to individuals who have given consent to SIM GE to do so.
In accordance with the PDPA provisions, individuals have the right to withdraw consent given to SIM IA for the receipt of telemarketing messages.
Withdrawal of Consent to Receive Telemarketing Messages
Individuals who wish to withdraw the consent given to SIM GE for the receipt of telemarketing messages will have to fill up and submit the Notice of Withdrawal of Consent online form to SIM IA.
Upon the receipt of the Notice of Withdrawal of Consent, SIM IA will cease to send telemarketing messages to you at the indicated telephone number 21 working days from the date of receipt of your notice.